I wasn’t sure how helpful yesterday’s post would be, but it looks like it was a hit! I’m so glad to see that I can help others who are similarly commitment-phobic in the kitchen.
Did I mention that I’m terrible at baking?
Just being honest, here.
That said, sometimes I have good days. The benevolent kitchen gnomes bestow their good juju upon me, and I come up with something REALLY tasty. Today was one of those days!
This is another actual recipe with ingredients (more than 5, UGH, but not by much). For good measure, I’ve added some not-really-recipes as well. Enjoy!
GLUTEN-FREE BLUEBERRY PROTEIN PANCAKES
In a blender, add (I know people usually do dry first, then wet, but…not me, and it still worked):
- 40g (1/3 cup) chickpea flour
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used the whey/casein blend)
- 75g (1/3 cup) fat free cottage cheese
- 100g egg whites
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
Blend until smooth.
- Mix 50g blueberries into the batter
- Add cinnamon (I like lots), sweetener (I use about 3tbsp Splenda), salt to taste (just a teensy smidge, a literal pinch of salt to cut the slight bitterness of the flour)
Cook in a sprayed pan over medium heat. Flip when bubbles form in the liquidy surface of the pancake, then squish with your spatula after flipping. The baking soda makes these guys poof.
Macros: 39C (8g fiber)/3F/37P
RECIPES THAT AREN’T
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of cottage cheese to your cooked oatmeal. CREAMY!!
- Add cooked egg whites and blueberries to your cooked oatmeal. (Mush up the blueberries for GREEN EGGS and oats). Yes please, Sam I Am!
- For tasty tofu, use extra firm, dry very well with a paper towel, cut into domino-sized pieces, and toss in a baggie with cornstarch and seasonings before sauteeing in a pan over medium-high heat. No soggy tofu here!
- Mix BetterBody Foods PBfit Peanut Butter Powder or Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter with enough water to make it peanut butter-y, then add half as much Korean or Thai-style instant red curry paste and add to tofu, chicken, veggies, rice…heck, just about anything. It’s amazing.
- You can make a SUPER easy curry with light coconut milk and the instant red curry paste above. Sautee whichever veggies you like (I use snow peas and red peppers), dump them out of the pan to cook the coconut milk and curry paste together, then dump them back into the pan to mix everything up. Add cooked meat. Done in 5 minutes!